Monday, April 7, 2008

ANSWERING A QUESTION

Dambudzo Marechera through one of his characters once asked,'Why is it that every revolution results in the alienation of its artists?'

Today I try to answer that question by stating that it is not really correct that the revolution results in the alienation of its artists.

What I have observed is that most revolutions are hijacked by very well schooled cunning opportunists.These are the wolves in sheep skins.Look around and you will see them.Listen carefully and you will hear them.The opportunists masquerade as the true revolutionaries.They have all the revolutionary talk but their actions show otherwise.Bob Marley would sing,'Talk is cheap.'

When the opportunists take over they trash the revolutionary artists.The revolutionary artists become anathema to the new scheme of wickedness .That is on the one hand.On the other hand there is the deliberate and concerted promotion of a wave of mediocrity in the form of artists[opportunists] who sing praises to the opportunist class of rulers!

Dambudzo Marechera I rest my case and I hope that I have answered your question.

No comments: