Saturday, May 3, 2008

HEY![WHEN THE WARRIOR POET IS NOT FIGHTING AGAINST EVIL IN HIGH AND LOW PLACES!]

SWEETLY CHAINED

ensnared by your sweet charms
am a willing prisoner
up the hills and down the valleys
at your sacred well
there i will quench my thirst
the taste of your cooking
i may not just be a passerby

KEEPING THE FIRE BURNING

tasting the sweetness
the sweetness of imagination
kindling the love fire
keeping wintry nights at bay
longing for a tight embrace
for you are miles away
seeking solace in poets' words
loneliness makes the heart grow fonder
longing to be with you
sharing our hopes , fears and dreams
listening to our profound thoughts
sharing the sweetness of togetherness
kindling that love fire forever

TO YOU WOMAN

that day i remember
clearly etched in my mind
you walked in through the door
the swish swash of your dress
then i instinctively looked up
the fragrance of your perfume
then my nostrils twitched
your dazzling, sparkling teeth
there and then i was hypnotised
speech then deserted me
then your sing -song voice
and i was dumb struck
your voice caressed my soul
then i gave you dominion
the eloquence of my silence
then i knew you would be mine
all i could say was 'good bye'
i still yearn to see you again
forever you will cast away my pain

No comments: